Friday, April 23, 2010

Dance Dance Revolution

Have you ever loved one thing? Something that feels so hard to let go.

It could be your never-been-washed-childhood blanket..
It could be someone that you love deep down..
It could be your favorite dress..

Or it could be a dance.

Since I was a small kid, I started to dance.
And I loved it. (My mom didn't quite like it, she preferred me to have only the piano lesson. Then I told my mother, if she wanted me to stop dancing, I would also quit the piano course. haha.. It kinda worked)

I did stop joining the dance course at the end though (not because of my mother). And then stop dancing for a while, in public, but still dancing at home when no body was around. Only at junior high school, I joined the cheerleaders. YEY! It was a really great time. I think I enjoyed every practice despite going home late. (and I had always been on the bottom of the pyramid, because I am heavyyy. Second heaviest among all of them. :p)

Then I started dancing at my church. Tambourine class. And soon dancing on the events. I realized I want to worship God through the dances. Not long, I have to leave because I went to Malaysia for study.

Here, I danced. Again.
But I stopped. Again. For some reasons. After thinking for quite long time. Take this. I stopped. But I don't quit. I'l never quit on dancing. Dancing is about the heart not only the moves. And I want to dance for God, not for the people nor myself. So even I'm not on the stage, doesn't mean I can't dance for Him. :)









Well, I won't hold back if I can have a chance to literally dance again. hahaa...

But for now, instead of doing the moves, I'll keep my heart dancing.



3 comments :

  1. Ooooohh, Ikaaa, aku baru tau ^^
    Keren! Balerina ternyata, cheerleader juga pula! Hahahahaa. Oooohh, kagum deh~

    ReplyDelete
  2. ika dancer thooooooooooooooo waaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaa. ga sampe dancer2 gimana juga kok. cuma saya suka menarii. shalalaa~
    balet pun jg bukan yg heboh jinjit2. masih sangat awam. :p

    ReplyDelete